Flipping through old photos can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke disappointment and frustration when you no longer remember the people, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only maintain images and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your treasured memories.
Assembling together a scrapbooking could seem to be like a daunting project, particularly when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, purchase adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program type of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the back of the photographs with an image labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the pictures that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about three pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you desire your page elements to be arranged and use temporary glue so you could move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that complement the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Accentuate the page. Add life to the page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you want your images to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This is the most crucial scrapbook component because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which may be forgotten with time. To make journal writing easy, write bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will help you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some folks who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Los Angeles California but it can be very costly. The good news is there are cheaper ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.