Flicking through old photographs can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and disappointment when you no longer remember the folks, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only preserve images and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your important memories.
Assembling together a scrapbooking could appear like a daunting project, specially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get started, purchase adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Organize your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the behind of the photographs with a photography labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the images that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Drew how you desire your page elements to be arranged and use temporary adhesive so you can move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that complement the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add fire to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you desire your pictures to be the primary focus.
* Write diary entries. This is certainly the most crucial scrapbooking design aspect as it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which can be overlooked with time. To make journal writing easy, write bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some people who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Los Osos California but it may be very expensive. The good news is there are less expensive ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.