Turning through old photographs can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke disappointment and aggravation when you no longer remember the people, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only maintain photos and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your important remembrances.
Assembling together a scrapbooking could seem to be just like a challenging project, in particular when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program brand of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Organize your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the behind of the images with a photo labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the images that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about three pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Sketch how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use temporary adhesive so you could move stuff around. Also, choose coordinating colors that complement the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Embellish the page. Add life to the page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you desire your pictures to be the key focus.
* Write journal entries. This really is the most important scrapbooking design element because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which is often forgotten with time. To make journal writing easy, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will help you began, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some people who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Loyalton California but it may be very costly. Fortunately there are cheaper ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.