Turning through old photos can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you will no longer remember the folks, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only protect images and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your valuable memories.
Assembling together a scrapbooking can seem just like a challenging project, especially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program brand of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the back of the images with a photography labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the pictures that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about three pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your page elements to be structured and use non permanent glue so you may move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that complement the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you desire your pictures to be the primary focus.
* Write journal entries. This is certainly the main scrapbooking design aspect as it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be overlooked with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some people that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Madera California but it may be very costly. Fortunately there are less expensive ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.