Flipping through old photos can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke disappointment and aggravation when you will no longer remember the people, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only maintain photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your important remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbooking could seem to be just like a difficult project, particularly when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program type of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Organize your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the behind of the images with an image labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the pictures that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be organized and use short-term glue so you can move stuff around. Also, choose coordinating colors that match the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photos to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add life to the page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you desire your images to be the main focus.
* Write journal entries. This is the most crucial scrapbooking design component since it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which may be neglected with time. To make journal writing easy, write bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you began, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Malibu California but it can be very costly. Fortunately there are cheaper ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.