Flicking through old photos can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke sad feelings and disappointment when you will no longer remember the people, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only protect images and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your treasured remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbook may seem to be just like a challenging project, specially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program type of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the behind of the images with a photo labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the images that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about three pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your page elements to be organized and use short-term adhesive so you may move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that go with the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your photographs to get out superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Decorate the page. Add fire to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you desire your pictures to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This is certainly the main scrapbook aspect since it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, that can be neglected with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will help you began, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some individuals who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Mecca California but it may be very expensive. Fortunately there are less expensive ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.