Flicking through old photos can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and frustration when you no longer remember the folks, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only preserve photos and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your important memories.
Putting together a scrapbook may seem to be just like a challenging project, specially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, purchase adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the back of the images with a photo labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the images that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about three pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colors. Sketch how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use non permanent glue so you can move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that go with the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Accentuate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you desire your pictures to be the primary focus.
* Write journal entries. This really is the most crucial scrapbook factor since it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which is often overlooked with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will assist you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some people who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Mentone California but it may be very expensive. The good news is there are cheaper ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.