Flicking through old images can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke sad feelings and frustration when you will no longer remember the people, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only protect photos and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your valuable memories.
Assembling together a scrapbooking can seem just like a difficult project, especially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get going, purchase adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the behind of the images with a picture labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the pictures that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Sketch how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be organized and use momentary glue so you may move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Embellish the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you want your images to be the main focus.
* Write journal entries. This is the most crucial scrapbook factor because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which is often overlooked with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you began, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Modesto California but it can be very costly. Fortunately there are cheaper ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.