Turning through old photos can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke sad feelings and frustration when you will no longer remember the people, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only protect photos and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your important remembrances.
Assembling together a scrapbook can seem like a difficult project, especially when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, purchase adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Organize your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the back of the photographs with a photography labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the images that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about three pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you desire your page elements to be organized and use non permanent glue so you can move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that complement the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photographs to get out superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Accentuate the page. Add fire to the page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your images to be the main focus.
* Write journal entries. This is the most important scrapbooking design component because it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which may be forgotten with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you began, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some folks who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Morgan Hill California but it can be very expensive. Fortunately there are less expensive ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.