Turning through old photos can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke disappointment and frustration when you no longer remember the folks, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only maintain photos and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your important remembrances.
Assembling together a scrapbooking can seem to be just like a challenging project, specially when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get started, purchase adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Organize your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the back of the images with a photography labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the images that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Drew how you want your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use non permanent adhesive so you could move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that go with the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add fire to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your pictures to be the key focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the most crucial scrapbook component because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be forgotten with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will help you in starting out, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Morongo Valley California but it may be very expensive. The good news is there are cheaper ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.