Flicking through old photos can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and disappointment when you will no longer remember the people, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only maintain photos and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your valuable memories.
Assembling together a scrapbook may seem to be like a difficult project, in particular when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get started, purchase adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Organize your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the behind of the images with an image labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the images that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about three pictures per single page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Drew how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be structured and use non permanent adhesive so you may move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that go with the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Embellish the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your pictures to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This is certainly the most important scrapbooking component because it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, that can be neglected with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will help you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some people who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Mt Baldy California but it can be very expensive. The good news is there are affordable ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.