Flipping through old photos can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke disappointment and aggravation when you no longer remember the folks, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only protect photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your treasured remembrances.
Assembling together a scrapbook can appear just like a daunting project, particularly when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To begin with, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Set up your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the behind of the images with an image labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the images that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you desire your page elements to be structured and use momentary adhesive so you could move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the page.
* Decorate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your images to be the main focus.
* Write journal entries. This is certainly the most crucial scrapbooking design factor because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be neglected with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will help you began, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Norwalk California but it can be very expensive. Fortunately there are cheaper ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.