Flicking through old photographs can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke disappointment and disappointment when you will no longer remember the people, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only preserve photos and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your precious remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbooking could appear like a difficult project, particularly when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, purchase adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System line of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Set up your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the behind of the photographs with a picture labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the pictures that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about three pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use non permanent adhesive so you can move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that go with the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Decorate the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you want your pictures to be the key focus.
* Write diary entries. This is the most crucial scrapbook component as it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, that can be forgotten with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you began, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some folks who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Oakland California but it can be very costly. The good news is there are less expensive ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.