Flipping through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke disappointment and disappointment when you will no longer remember the folks, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only protect images and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your important memories.
Assembling together a scrapbooking may seem to be like a daunting project, in particular when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program brand of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Organize your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the behind of the photographs with a picture labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the images that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about three pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you want your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use temporary adhesive so you may move stuff around. Also, choose coordinating colors that complement the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add life to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your images to be the key focus.
* Write journal entries. This is the most important scrapbooking design factor because it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which may be overlooked with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will help you in starting out, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some individuals who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Obrien California but it can be very expensive. The good news is there are cheaper ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.