Flipping through old photographs can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke disappointment and disappointment when you no longer remember the folks, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only preserve photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your treasured remembrances.
Assembling together a scrapbook may appear just like a difficult project, specially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System brand of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Organize your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the behind of the images with a photo labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the images that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about three pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colors. Sketch how you want your scrapbook page elements to be organized and use momentary glue so you could move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Decorate the page. Add fire to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you desire your pictures to be the primary focus.
* Write journal entries. This is certainly the most crucial scrapbooking element as it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be forgotten with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will help you get started, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some people that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Oceanside California but it may be very expensive. Fortunately there are less expensive ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.