Flipping through old photographs can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke disappointment and disappointment when you will no longer remember the folks, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only maintain photos and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your precious memories.
Assembling together a scrapbooking can seem like a daunting project, specially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To begin with, purchase adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System brand of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the behind of the photographs with an image labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Select the images that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you want your page elements to be structured and use temporary glue so you could move stuff around. Also, choose coordinating colors that go with the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Embellish the page. Add life to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you want your images to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the most crucial scrapbooking design aspect as it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which may be forgotten with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will help you get started, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some people that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Pacoima California but it can be very costly. The good news is there are less expensive ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.