Flicking through old photos can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke disappointment and disappointment when you will no longer remember the people, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only maintain photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your treasured remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbooking may seem to be like a daunting project, especially when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get going, purchase adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System brand of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Organize your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the behind of the photos with a photography labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the images that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use non permanent adhesive so you can move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that complement the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photos to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your images to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This is certainly the main scrapbooking factor because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which may be forgotten with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will assist you get started, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some folks that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Pasadena California but it can be very costly. Fortunately there are less expensive ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.