Flipping through old images can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke disappointment and disappointment when you no longer remember the people, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only maintain photos and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your valuable memories.
Assembling together a scrapbook can appear just like a challenging project, particularly when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Set up your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the back of the photos with an image labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Select the pictures that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about three pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Drew how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be organized and use momentary glue so you can move stuff around. Also, choose coordinating colors that go with the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Embellish the page. Add life to the page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you want your pictures to be the primary focus.
* Write journal entries. This really is the most important scrapbooking design component since it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be forgotten with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you began, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some individuals who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Poway California but it may be very costly. Fortunately there are cheaper ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.