Flipping through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you will no longer remember the people, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only maintain photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your treasured remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbook may seem like a difficult project, especially when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, purchase adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System line of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Organize your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the behind of the images with an image labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the images that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you want your scrapbook page elements to be organized and use momentary glue so you could move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that complement the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your images to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Decorate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you desire your images to be the primary focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the most important scrapbook element because it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which is often neglected with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will help you began, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Raisin City California but it can be very expensive. Fortunately there are less expensive ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.