Flipping through old photographs can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke sad feelings and frustration when you will no longer remember the people, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only protect images and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your precious memories.
Putting together a scrapbooking can seem to be like a daunting project, specially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get started, purchase adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Organize your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the back of the photographs with an image labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Select the images that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be organized and use short-term glue so you can move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that match the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your images to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Decorate the page. Add fire to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you want your images to be the key focus.
* Write journal entries. This really is the most important scrapbooking aspect as it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which can be overlooked with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Redwood City California but it may be very costly. Fortunately there are less expensive ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.