Flicking through old photographs can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke disappointment and aggravation when you no longer remember the folks, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only maintain images and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your important memories.
Putting together a scrapbooking could seem just like a difficult project, in particular when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program type of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the back of the images with a photo labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the pictures that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you want your page elements to be structured and use short-term glue so you may move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the page.
* Decorate the page. Add life to the page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your pictures to be the primary focus.
* Write diary entries. This is certainly the most crucial scrapbook factor because it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, that can be neglected with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you get started, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some people who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Redwood Estates California but it can be very expensive. Fortunately there are cheaper ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.