Flicking through old images can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you will no longer remember the folks, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only protect photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your precious remembrances.
Assembling together a scrapbooking could seem to be just like a difficult project, especially when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, purchase adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System line of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Coordinate your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the behind of the photos with a photo labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the pictures that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about three pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colors. Sketch how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use short-term adhesive so you could move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your images to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Embellish the page. Add fire to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your pictures to be the primary focus.
* Write journal entries. This is the most important scrapbooking aspect as it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which may be forgotten with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will help you in starting out, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some folks that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Rosemead California but it may be very costly. Fortunately there are cheaper ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.