Turning through old photographs can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke disappointment and frustration when you no longer remember the folks, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only preserve photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your valuable memories.
Assembling together a scrapbooking may appear like a difficult project, especially when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To begin with, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program type of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Coordinate your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the behind of the photos with a photography labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the pictures that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about three pictures per single page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be structured and use temporary glue so you may move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that go with the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Embellish the page. Add fire to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your images to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the most crucial scrapbook aspect as it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be forgotten with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will help you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some folks who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Roseville California but it may be very expensive. The good news is there are cheaper ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.