Flipping through old photographs can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke disappointment and disappointment when you will no longer remember the folks, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only maintain photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your valuable remembrances.
Assembling together a scrapbooking may seem just like a daunting project, especially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program type of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Coordinate your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the behind of the photos with a picture labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the pictures that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Sketch how you want your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use short-term glue so you can move stuff around. Also, choose coordinating colors that go with the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your images to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Embellish the page. Add life to the page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you desire your pictures to be the main focus.
* Write journal entries. This is certainly the most crucial scrapbooking factor as it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which can be neglected with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will assist you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some people that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Sacramento California but it may be very costly. The good news is there are cheaper ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.