Turning through old images can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke disappointment and frustration when you will no longer remember the people, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only preserve photos and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your valuable memories.
Assembling together a scrapbooking could appear like a daunting project, in particular when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, purchase adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the behind of the images with a photo labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the pictures that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you want your page elements to be arranged and use temporary glue so you could move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your images to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Embellish the page. Add life to the page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your images to be the key focus.
* Write diary entries. This is certainly the most crucial scrapbook aspect since it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which may be neglected with time. To make journal writing easy, write bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you in starting out, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some folks that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Sacramento California but it may be very expensive. Fortunately there are affordable ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.