Turning through old photographs can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you will no longer remember the folks, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only protect photos and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your precious memories.
Assembling together a scrapbooking may appear just like a challenging project, especially when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program brand of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Coordinate your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the back of the images with a photography labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the images that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be structured and use momentary glue so you could move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that go with the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photos to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the page.
* Embellish the page. Add fire to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you want your images to be the key focus.
* Write journal entries. This is the most crucial scrapbook component as it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which may be overlooked with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will assist you began, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Sacramento California but it can be very expensive. Fortunately there are cheaper ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.