Flicking through old photographs can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke disappointment and frustration when you will no longer remember the folks, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only maintain images and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your precious remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbooking may appear like a challenging project, particularly when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, purchase adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the behind of the photos with an image labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the images that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your page elements to be structured and use temporary adhesive so you can move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that complement the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the page.
* Embellish the page. Add life to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your images to be the main focus.
* Write journal entries. This is certainly the most important scrapbooking component as it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which may be neglected with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some folks who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Sacramento California but it can be very expensive. Fortunately there are less expensive ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.