Flicking through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and frustration when you no longer remember the folks, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only protect photos and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your precious remembrances.
Assembling together a scrapbooking could seem just like a difficult project, in particular when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program type of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Coordinate your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the back of the photographs with a picture labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the pictures that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about three pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be organized and use temporary glue so you can move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Accentuate the page. Add life to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you desire your pictures to be the key focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the most important scrapbooking design component as it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which may be overlooked with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will help you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some folks that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in San Bernardino California but it can be very expensive. The good news is there are cheaper ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.