Turning through old photos can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke disappointment and frustration when you will no longer remember the folks, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only protect images and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your valuable memories.
Assembling together a scrapbook may seem like a challenging project, especially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Set up your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the behind of the photos with a picture labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the images that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about three pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Drew how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be organized and use temporary adhesive so you may move stuff around. Also, choose coordinating colors that go with the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your images to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Accentuate the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you want your images to be the main focus.
* Write journal entries. This is the main scrapbook factor since it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which can be forgotten with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will assist you began, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some folks who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in San Diego California but it can be very costly. Fortunately there are cheaper ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.