Flipping through old photographs can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you will no longer remember the folks, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only maintain photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your treasured memories.
Assembling together a scrapbook could seem just like a daunting project, particularly when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the back of the photographs with an image labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the pictures that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Drew how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be structured and use short-term adhesive so you could move stuff around. Also, choose coordinating colors that complement the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your images to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the page.
* Embellish the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your pictures to be the main focus.
* Write journal entries. This is the most crucial scrapbook factor as it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which is often overlooked with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in San Diego California but it may be very expensive. The good news is there are cheaper ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.