Turning through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke disappointment and aggravation when you will no longer remember the people, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only preserve photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your treasured memories.
Putting together a scrapbook can seem like a difficult project, in particular when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Organize your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the back of the photographs with a photography labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the pictures that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about three pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be organized and use temporary glue so you may move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the page.
* Decorate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you want your images to be the primary focus.
* Write diary entries. This is the most crucial scrapbooking design aspect since it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which is often forgotten with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you began, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in San Diego California but it may be very costly. Fortunately there are affordable ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.