Turning through old photographs can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you will no longer remember the people, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only preserve images and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your treasured remembrances.
Assembling together a scrapbooking can seem to be just like a challenging project, specially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, purchase adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Set up your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the behind of the photographs with an image labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the pictures that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you want your page elements to be organized and use non permanent glue so you can move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that go with the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you want your pictures to be the key focus.
* Write diary entries. This is certainly the most important scrapbook component since it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which may be forgotten with time. To make journal writing easy, write bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you began, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some folks who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in San Diego California but it may be very expensive. The good news is there are affordable ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.