Turning through old photographs can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke disappointment and frustration when you will no longer remember the people, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only maintain images and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your treasured memories.
Assembling together a scrapbooking may seem like a daunting project, in particular when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Organize your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the behind of the photographs with a photo labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Select the images that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about three pictures per single page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you want your page elements to be organized and use momentary glue so you could move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that match the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the page.
* Embellish the page. Add life to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you desire your images to be the key focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the main scrapbooking design aspect since it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be neglected with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will help you get started, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some people who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in San Francisco California but it may be very expensive. Fortunately there are less expensive ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.