Turning through old images can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke disappointment and disappointment when you will no longer remember the people, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only preserve photos and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your valuable remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbook could seem to be like a challenging project, especially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get going, purchase adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program type of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Organize your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the back of the images with a photography labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Select the pictures that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you want your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use short-term glue so you could move stuff around. Also, choose coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photos to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Embellish the page. Add life to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you want your pictures to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This is certainly the main scrapbooking design aspect because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which is often forgotten with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you began, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some people that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in San Francisco California but it can be very expensive. Fortunately there are less expensive ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.