Flipping through old photos can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you will no longer remember the people, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only preserve photos and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your valuable remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbooking can seem just like a difficult project, particularly when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System brand of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Organize your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the behind of the photographs with an image labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Select the images that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about three pictures per single page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use non permanent adhesive so you can move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that complement the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your images to get out superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Accentuate the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you desire your images to be the primary focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the most important scrapbook factor as it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, that can be neglected with time. To make journal writing easy, write bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you began, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some people who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in San Jose California but it can be very expensive. The good news is there are cheaper ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.