Flipping through old photos can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you no longer remember the people, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only preserve images and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your precious remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbook may appear like a difficult project, in particular when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program type of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Organize your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the behind of the photos with an image labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the images that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Sketch how you want your scrapbook page elements to be organized and use momentary glue so you can move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you want your images to be the key focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the most important scrapbooking factor since it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which can be forgotten with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will help you began, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Sherman Oaks California but it may be very costly. The good news is there are cheaper ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.