Flicking through old photographs can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke sad feelings and disappointment when you will no longer remember the folks, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only maintain photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your treasured memories.
Assembling together a scrapbook may appear just like a challenging project, in particular when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Coordinate your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the behind of the photographs with a photo labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the images that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about three pictures per single page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be organized and use momentary glue so you could move stuff around. Also, choose coordinating colors that match the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your images to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Accentuate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you desire your images to be the key focus.
* Write journal entries. This really is the most crucial scrapbook aspect as it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be forgotten with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you get started, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Simi Valley California but it can be very costly. Fortunately there are less expensive ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.