Turning through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you will no longer remember the people, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only preserve photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your treasured memories.
Putting together a scrapbook could appear like a difficult project, particularly when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get going, purchase adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program type of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the behind of the photographs with a photo labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the pictures that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about three pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Drew how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use momentary glue so you could move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that complement the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your images to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Decorate the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your pictures to be the main focus.
* Write journal entries. This is certainly the most crucial scrapbook factor as it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be forgotten with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will help you get started, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some people that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in South Gate California but it may be very costly. Fortunately there are cheaper ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.