Flipping through old images can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you will no longer remember the folks, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only protect photos and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your treasured remembrances.
Assembling together a scrapbooking can seem like a challenging project, particularly when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program type of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Coordinate your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the back of the photos with a photography labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the pictures that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about three pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be structured and use short-term adhesive so you could move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that match the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your images to get out superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Decorate the page. Add fire to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you want your images to be the primary focus.
* Write journal entries. This is the most crucial scrapbooking design component because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be neglected with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will help you in starting out, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Stockton California but it may be very expensive. The good news is there are cheaper ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.