Flicking through old photos can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke disappointment and disappointment when you will no longer remember the folks, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only protect photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your important memories.
Assembling together a scrapbooking could seem like a challenging project, in particular when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, buy adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the behind of the images with an image labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Select the images that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about three pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use temporary adhesive so you could move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that go with the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your images to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you desire your images to be the key focus.
* Write diary entries. This is certainly the most important scrapbooking design factor since it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which is often forgotten with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will assist you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Thermal California but it can be very expensive. The good news is there are affordable ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.