Flicking through old images can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke disappointment and disappointment when you no longer remember the folks, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only maintain photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your valuable remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbook could seem to be just like a daunting project, in particular when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the back of the photos with an image labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the pictures that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about three pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Drew how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be organized and use temporary glue so you could move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the page.
* Embellish the page. Add fire to the page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you desire your pictures to be the key focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the most important scrapbooking design factor because it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which can be overlooked with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will help you get started, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some folks who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Topanga California but it can be very costly. The good news is there are less expensive ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.