Flipping through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke disappointment and frustration when you no longer remember the folks, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only protect images and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your important memories.
Putting together a scrapbooking could seem just like a difficult project, specially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To begin with, buy adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program type of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Coordinate your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the back of the photos with a photography labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the images that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you want your page elements to be organized and use momentary adhesive so you can move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your images to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Accentuate the page. Add fire to the page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you want your images to be the key focus.
* Write journal entries. This is certainly the most crucial scrapbooking factor as it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which is often overlooked with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you get started, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Torrance California but it can be very expensive. Fortunately there are cheaper ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.