Turning through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and frustration when you no longer remember the folks, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only preserve images and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your valuable remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbooking could appear like a challenging project, especially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get going, purchase adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program type of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Coordinate your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the behind of the photographs with a photo labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the pictures that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you want your page elements to be organized and use non permanent glue so you can move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Accentuate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you desire your images to be the primary focus.
* Write journal entries. This is certainly the most important scrapbook component since it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which is often overlooked with time. To make journal writing easy, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you get started, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Torrance California but it can be very expensive. The good news is there are less expensive ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.