Flicking through old images can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke disappointment and frustration when you no longer remember the folks, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only protect photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your valuable remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbooking may appear like a difficult project, specially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, purchase adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System brand of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Set up your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the back of the photos with an image labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the images that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be organized and use non permanent adhesive so you can move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that complement the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Embellish the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your pictures to be the primary focus.
* Write journal entries. This really is the most important scrapbook aspect as it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, that can be neglected with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will help you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some folks that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Torrance California but it can be very expensive. Fortunately there are affordable ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.