Flipping through old photos can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and disappointment when you will no longer remember the folks, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only protect photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your precious remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbooking could seem just like a challenging project, specially when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System line of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Coordinate your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the behind of the images with a photography labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the pictures that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your page elements to be arranged and use temporary glue so you can move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that go with the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your photographs to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Decorate the page. Add life to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you want your images to be the key focus.
* Write journal entries. This is the main scrapbook element because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which is often neglected with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you get started, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some folks that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Union City California but it can be very costly. The good news is there are cheaper ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.