Turning through old photos can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke disappointment and aggravation when you will no longer remember the folks, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only maintain photos and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your precious remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbooking may appear just like a challenging project, specially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System brand of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Coordinate your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the behind of the photos with a photography labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Select the images that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about three pictures per single page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be structured and use temporary adhesive so you can move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that complement the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Accentuate the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you desire your images to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This is the most crucial scrapbook component because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which may be neglected with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you get started, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some folks that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Watsonville California but it may be very costly. Fortunately there are less expensive ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.