Turning through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and disappointment when you no longer remember the people, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only maintain images and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your valuable memories.
Assembling together a scrapbook can appear just like a difficult project, specially when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Set up your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the behind of the photographs with a photo labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the images that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about three pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you want your scrapbook page elements to be structured and use temporary adhesive so you could move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photographs to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Embellish the page. Add fire to the page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you desire your images to be the key focus.
* Write diary entries. This is certainly the most crucial scrapbooking component because it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, that can be overlooked with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you in starting out, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some folks who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Weldon California but it can be very costly. The good news is there are cheaper ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.