Flicking through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke disappointment and disappointment when you no longer remember the folks, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only maintain images and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your valuable memories.
Assembling together a scrapbooking may seem to be just like a daunting project, especially when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Set up your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the back of the images with a picture labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the images that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colors. Sketch how you want your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use non permanent adhesive so you could move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your images to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add fire to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you desire your pictures to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This is certainly the most important scrapbooking design component because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be overlooked with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will help you began, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some individuals who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in West Sacramento California but it can be very costly. The good news is there are cheaper ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.