Turning through old photographs can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke sad feelings and disappointment when you no longer remember the folks, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only maintain photos and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your important memories.
Assembling together a scrapbooking may seem just like a challenging project, specially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, buy adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Organize your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the back of the photos with an image labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the pictures that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Sketch how you want your page elements to be structured and use temporary glue so you may move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Decorate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you want your images to be the primary focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the most crucial scrapbooking design factor as it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which can be overlooked with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you began, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some people who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Wheatland California but it can be very expensive. Fortunately there are affordable ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.