Flipping through old photos can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke disappointment and disappointment when you no longer remember the people, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only protect images and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your important remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbooking may appear just like a difficult project, in particular when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, purchase adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System line of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Coordinate your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the back of the images with a photo labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Select the images that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you want your page elements to be structured and use momentary adhesive so you may move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Decorate the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you want your pictures to be the key focus.
* Write journal entries. This is the most important scrapbooking design component as it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which is often overlooked with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will help you get started, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Winchester California but it may be very expensive. Fortunately there are cheaper ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.